What do you do about this?
For me, I have a couple of solutions that I follow:
- Make every second drink a glass of sodawater (with a slice of lemon, then I look posh!)
- Ask for my wine to be a spritzer (1/2 wine, 1/2 sodawater)
- Know how much I have to work out tomorrow to burn off these empty calories!!
So how do I know how much exercise I have to do tomorrow to negate the effects of those no-nutrient, high calorie drinks, while potentially nursing a hangover?
Here's a quick guide to help you remain true to your resolve of not drinking at all
Note: jogging is at 9km/h and walking is at 6km/h
- 1 bottle of cider (345ml) = 39 minutes walking, OR 17 minutes jogging
- 1 nip/shot of vodka (30ml) + cranberry juice = 36 minutes walking, OR 16 minutes jogging
- 1 glass of wine (150ml) = 21 minutes walking, OR 9 minutes jogging
- 1 nip/shot of vodka (30ml) + diet softdrink = 14 minutes walking, OR 6 minutes jogging