Monday 28 December 2015

Healthy Mind & Body - Days 33 - 41

How Accountable Are You?

When you begin any new journey in life, do you take the time to allocate a person you are accountable to?  Should you do this?  What are the benefits of being accountable?

From my journey over this last month, and previously when I was losing a set amount of weight, I have found that having an accountability partner of great benefit.

Accountability partners:

  • encourage
  • ensure you complete that last task
  • ask you how you are going, without judgement
  • motivate you to take one more step
  • allow you to speak your truth about where you are at
  • pick you up when you stumble

My blogging journey for my healthy mind and body program has not been as consistent as I would like it to be, however, what I am happy with, is that I always complete it eventually.

In reality, this is a pattern in most of the things that I undertake.  I go in 'fits and starts', but I do complete it!  So, whatever your journey, do take the time to grab yourself an accountability partner to be your cheer leader, and to support you and give you positive feedback whenever you feel you are stumbling.

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been,
you can be what you want to be"
 - W. Clement Stone


When you embark on a life journey, plateaus or blockages can occur (this feels like a blockage for me, being consistent). So how do you break through them?

Blockage Breakthrough

Focus
Where do you place your focus?  On what you don't want? Or on what you do want?
You get to choose what you focus on - your thoughts influence what you get.
Communication
How do you communicate with yourself?
Body language is 55% of your communication tools with yourself.  If, e.g., you are sitting on the couch, slumped, lying down, what is this saying about yourself?  If you're at like I was, it's basically saying that you're not worthy to be noticed, that you're not good enough to complete the task, that you're heavy and insignificant where you're sitting...............
Change your sitting posture, change your self speak and change how you talk to others.

Bad Habits
So, you're sitting on the couch, watching TV, slumped, feeling low, heavy, out of sorts - you catch your posture, knowing that this is influencing you, how do you change it?

JUMP UP!!!

YELL - I CAN DO THIS!!!

A sudden, and dramatic, posture change and body language change, will stimulate your change of physcial habits
"Every choice you make has an end result"
 - Zig Ziglar

When you are creating a new habit, it must be repeated and practiced over and over and over before it becomes second nature.  Did you learn to drive overnight? No, you practiced and practiced and practiced, before it started to become second nature to you - I'm sure you now drive without even thinking about how you change lanes, change gears, overtake, drive at 100km/h and all the other small actions you do without conscious thought to drive home every day.

Focus : Memory : Worry

Focus: live in the moment, make a conscious choice
Memory: live in the past
Worry: live in the future

Always keep to FOCUS. This is a conscious choice, and one that will allow you to continue to step forward, one step at a time, on your new life journey.

Remember, it's okay to restart your change, your life journey, as often as it's required. Each time you do, you are growing stronger and stronger.

Having an accountability partner, who remembers to keep you focused, and encourages you to actively restart whenever you need to, helps you grow stronger on your journey.  Contact me now to get your accountability partner and to begin your life journey with me today!





To find out more, go to my website, www.SandraVenablesHealth.com or follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story too