Monday 14 September 2015

Rise And Shine: Energise Your Body In The Morning

One of the hardest things, I'm told, is dragging that body out of the bed first thing in the morning!

Do you struggle with being energised in the mornings?  Usually getting up refreshed and excited about the day involves some planning, some routines, and something exciting to look forward too.

Here are some quick tips to get you moving

  1. Exercise during the day. Exercise and sleep work well together
  2. Early to bed, early to rise. Getting 7 - 8 hours sleep a night is a must!
  3. Change your late night snack to protein. Whey protein allows the body to recover while you sleep
  4. Turn down the heat in the bedroom.  Keep the room temperature around 60 F or 15 C overnight, too hot or too cold disturbs your sleep pattern
  5. Ditch the electronics. Turn all electronics off at least an hour before bedtime, allows you to fall asleep easier
  6. Stimulate on waking. Having a drink in the morning that stimulates your system can get you energised!

I always find that by waking with gratitude in my heart, makes me see the day in a different light and allows for positivity and energy to come pouring into my day.

I do this by ensuring I go to sleep at night, giving my gratitudes for all that has happened in my day, focusing on positiveness, and ensuring my brain goes to sleep to a good mood.  This allows my brain to work on these positives for the next 7 - 8 hours - result!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story too