|Borrowed from: www.thekickasslife.com|
The third experiment involves one I've done quite a few times, and it always blows my mind when I do it - it's worth doing it once a year, just as a reminder that we all have immense energy that flows from us and we can change it so very easily!
This experiment Pam calls The Alby Einstein Principle
Essentially, we all have an energy field and it's very easy to detect, and we can also very easily see how our emotions affect this energy field.
To do this experiment you need:
- Metal coat hangers
- A plastic drinking straw, cut in half
Now, the steps to show that you are energy and that your thoughts and feelings create energy too.
- Untwist the neck of each of the coat hangers, so now you have two straight wires. Shape each of them into the shape of an L (the long part to be about a foot, the short part about 5 inches)
- Slide the cut 1/2 straw onto each of the 'handles' (the shorter part of the wires), bend the bottom of the wire to hold the straw onto the 'handle'
- Now, pretending you are a gunslinger from the olden days, hold the two wands out in front of you, around chest high, each hand in line with their respective shoulder. It may take a while for the swinging wands to settle
- Once the wands have settled, stand with your eyes straight ahead and think of an unpleasant event from your past. If the emotion is weak, the wands will stay straight ahead, if it is really strong, then they will begin to turn inwards, tip to tip. Your energy field will contract with negative thoughts and turn inward, so the wands are following that.
- Now, turn your thoughts to a joyous, loving event in your past, or even of someone you love deeply. Watch as the wands now turn outwards as your energy field expands on the positive, loving thoughts.
- As a final turn, for some more fun and learning about your thoughts, focus your eyes straight ahead, but focus your thoughts on something in the far right or far left of your vision - watch what happens to the wands now.
- A further experiment you can do with your wands involves a partner. You stand 5 feet away from each other, one holds the wands and the other recalls a negative experience. The person with the wands walks slowly towards the person thinking of the experience, how close do you get before the wands turn outwards? Repeat this with the person recalling a positive, loving experience, how far towards the person do you get now? In fact, in some cases, you have to step backwards to get the wands to stay straight in front of you! This is great fun to do with friends who are skeptical about the energy our thoughts create and allow to ebb and flow.
This experiement I first undertook, and forgot about, about 13 years ago - it was in a classroom environment and it certainly made a lot of non-skeptics sit up and take notice.
Have fun with this simple experiment and let me know how you go - it's great fun to do.